Who are we? We are Beach and Mountain Properties. We are a Full-Service Real Estate Company covering all of South Carolina and beyond. We also hold ethics as the foundation of our business. We work diligently towards giving our clients the highest level of respect and accountability to find or sell their homes or investment. Communication is KEY with each real estate transaction; keeping you informed every step of the way.
Are you Buying a House, Condo, Townhouse, or Investment Property? Let us help We listen and work together with you to find exactly what you are looking for, and make the process of buying your home or investment property a smooth and enjoyable experience.
Are you thinking of Selling Your House, Condo, Townhouse, or Investment Property? Let us help! We have many years of experience and expertise in being aggressive to sell your property. We also have an extremely large database of buyers. We are prepared with a game plan to get your property sold in the least amount of days at the best price. We have staff that can handle all your real estate needs and desires.
Do you live outside South Carolina? No Problem. We have a Massive Network of REALTORS across the U.S. and beyond. Please allow us to be your One-Stop Real Estate Company. We can list/sell anywhere in the Country with our Referral Network. Let us take care of your real estate needs from coast to coast.
We get excited about the prospect of experiencing a new day and making the most of it. We feel the same about helping our clients seize their real estate opportunities...Make Every Moment Count!
BENEFITS AVAILABLE TO SENIOR CITIZENS IN SOUTH CAROLINA
Exempt from the additional 1% sales tax (code 12-36-2620). This exemption does not apply, however, to the 3% tax on unprepared food. Senior citizens must ask for exemption at the time of purchase and may be required to show proof of age. A card identifying the bearer as eligible for the exemption from the additional 1% sales tax may be obtained by calling the S. C. Department of Revenue at 803-898-5405.
The choice to serve or not serve on federal court jury duty.
Apply for Social Security whether planning to retire or not (may apply 3 months prior to Social Security retirement age).
Apply for Medicare (automatically eligible if qualify for Social Security benefits).
Part A - Hospital insurance – free.
Part B – other medical services, which require a monthly premium. There is a penalty for late enrollment.
Medicare pays 80% of allowable charges after the deductible. Individuals must pay the remaining 20% and any other additional charges.
Part D – Prescription drug benefit, effective January 2006.
May be eligible for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payments depending on resources and income. If you are eligible for SSI, you automatically receive Medicaid.
Homestead Tax Exemption – The first $50,000 of the fair market values of a house or mobile owned by a state resident of at least one year is exempt from the municipal, county, school, and assessment real property taxes. Exemptions provided to surviving spouses who are 50 or older and anyone who is legally blind or has a permanent disability, regardless of age. Apply at the county auditor’s office on or before July 16. (code 12-37-250)
Income Tax – South Carolina will allow a $15,000 deduction from taxable income for taxpayers 65 years of age and older. Taxpayers under age 65 may exclude from taxes $3,000 of their qualified retirement income annually (SC Code 12-6-1140). At age 65, the deduction may be applied to any income up to $15,000.
The choice to serve or not to serve in city, county, or state jury duty. (code 14-7-840)
Discounted Palmetto Passport admission to state park facilities.
Hunting and Fishing Licenses – State residents at age 64 may buy $9 senior lifetime licenses that include hunting and fishing privileges, effective July 1, 2005. Call (803) 734-3838.
Vehicle Discount – biennial registration fee for private passenger-carrying vehicles discounted to $20. The annual registration fee for any property-carrying vehicle with a gross weight of 5000 pounds or less is $30 biennially. (Code 56-3-620)
Free Eye Care – call 1-800-222-EYES (3937) to receive a referral to a local ophthalmologist who will provide needed medical eye care at no cost to qualifying individuals. Must be a US citizen. It does not cover hospital charges, drugs, or eyeglasses – Weekdays from 11 am to 7 pm.
Apply for Social Security if plan to retire. Apply no later than the last day of the month you want benefits to begin. Special discounts may be given on eyeglasses, lenses, or any accessories. (Code 40-37-240).
Free tuition at all state-supported educational institutions that state universities, colleges, and technical schools (subject to space restrictions and usual entrance requirements). To be eligible you cannot receive compensation as a full-time employee. (code 59-111-320)……